October Super Power Session
October 12, 2021 from 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Effective and successful negotiation is a combination of art and science – grace & grit.
The art – the grace - of negotiation comes from within. It is self-leadership. It is knowing our strengths and values. Is knowing what we (really) want and knowing what they (really) want. It is having the self-confidence and a vision to communicate, collaborate and coordinate a positive outcome for all involved. It is putting our personal brand front and center with authenticity, strength, savvy and poise; while being thoughtful, understanding, present, persuasive and engaged.
The science – the grit - of negotiation is about knowledge and learned skills. It is about three B’s; BE prepared, BE informed and BE persuasive. It is about understanding the five challenges and opportunities of successful negotiation – 1. Gathering intelligence; 2. Mobilizing backers; 3. Garnering resources; 4. Getting buy-in; 5. Recognizing contributions.
- Successful, savvy negotiation is both art and science.
- It is a blend of our right brain, creative thinking and heart, and our left brain, analytical thinking and action.
- It is the combination of expertise, experience and practice.
- It is a learned skill.
- It is a process, not an event.
- It should be a positive experience for all – not negative.
- It is an exchange, not a debate.
- It is a dance, not a ‘stand-off’.
- It is grace in motion driven by grit of expertise in action.
Roxanne Kaufman Elliott is an i3® Leadership Master; Executive Coach and Facilitator; Professional Speaker; Certified Master in the Leadership Challenge® and the Leadership Practices Inventory®. She is dedicated to helping indiviuduals, teams and organizations reach the highest levels of success through transformational leadership. Her ‘RoxTalks’ on leadership and professional/personal transformation are passionate, inspiring, motivational and life-changing.